Can you, guys, believe it’s December already?!? Time truly is flying. But I digress. Since it’s the start of a new month I thought I should talk about all the books I’ve read this past November. I only read 15 books this month mostly due to my weeklong book hangover after I finished The Dark Days Pact by Alison Goodman. I was also in the mood for some classics afterward so I reread Jane Austin’s Persuasion, which never fails in making me feel good. Other things I did this month is starting a bunch of series that I’d had on my TBR list for a few months. But without further ado, here’s my list for November.
1. Earth’s End by Elise Kova
2. Persuasion by Jane Austin
3. Mercenary Magic by Ella Summers – this is the first book in an indie UF series.
4. Magic Games by Ella Summers
5. The Dark Days Pact by Alison Goodman – it’s coming out in January next year, so not long now!! This book is such an amazing sequel, I just cannot begin to explain how much I love everything Alison writes. You can see my mini review of the Pact here.
6. Arabella by Georgette Heyer
7. Dragonfly by Julia Golding – about 4 weeks later and I still don’t know how I feel about this book. I thought it’d be a fantasy adventure but it felt a bit protracted at places and I’m not sure I liked the resolution at the end.
8. Of Fire and Stars by Audrey Coulthurst – I was really looking forward to this book because magical creatures and some LGBTQ romance/friendship!! But this has to be one of the biggest letdowns for me this year. It was slow and boring and I just didn’t care about any of the characters. *sigh* Better diverse books next year, please!!
9. Shadows by Paula Weston – okay, so here’s the deal. I ABSOLUTELY LOVED the Rephaim series. In fact, I was so hooked I binge read them all from Friday evening to Sunday. And then I was empty and sad because I wanted more. Then came the hangover, which is another reason why I read only 15 books this year. After that, I started plotting and planning for a whole week focused on the Rephaim series (which will be next week hopefully!) and I’m now officially dubbing it “Weston Week”.
10. Haze by Paula Weston
11. Shimmer by Paula Weston
12. Burn by Paula Weston
13. Written in Red by Anne Bishop – The Others is another series apart from The Rephaim that I’ve had in my TBR for months and finally got around to reading. I am so glad I did because I really liked it, well minus the third book Vision in Silver. I found Meg a bit OOC and frankly, everything I loved about her from books one and two was basically non-existent. You can read my review of Written in Red here.
14. Murder of Crows by Anne Bishop
15. Vision in Silver by Anne Bishop – I have not read the fourth one yet but I’m hoping HOPING it will be back to the awesomeness of the first two books from there because I really didn’t enjoy Vision in Silver as much as them.
* I also read The Moth and the Flame by Renée Ahdiehm which is a short story centered around Jalal and Despina that I really enjoyed.
So this it, my November wrap up. I’ve read some pretty amazing books these past four weeks and I really hope I get to do it again in December. Nothing gets to me more than a series of bad books and I mean NOTHING! So December TBR, please be kind!