I have been absent these past few weeks mainly because I was in a weird blogging and reading slump. Also, I have managed to successfully resuscitate my social life, which left me with zero free time. BUT, and there is a but here, the end of 2016 is just around the corner and I have finally mustered the will to get back to blogging, so what better topic than discussing the books I have bought/been given but never got around to reading. Let’s dive in.
10. The Thousandth Floor by Katharine McGee – I was made aware of this book back in April when I got a proof copy at YALLWEST. It was marketed as a futuristic dystopian New York. I was intrigued. I wanted to read the proof but somehow I got sidetracked. Then when the book got released I fell in love with the stunning cover and promised myself I’d read it ASAP. Needless to say I never actually got around to reading it.
9. The Impostor Queen by Sarah Fine – I bought this one back in January after reading a stellar review on Goodreads. The premise sounded interesting enough plus there was supposed to be an LGBTQ+ element so I was sold. Now that I read the synopsis again I keep wondering why I never read it…
8. The Forgetting by Sharon Cameron – Okay, so I don’t actually have this but I read a blurb online and thought it sounded original enough. I wanted to give it a try but I went to LA and well…next year, perhaps?
7. Blame by Simon Mayo – This book first came to my attention when I heard the author speak at YALC. I didn’t know anything about it and I hadn’t read any of Mr. Mayo’s books before so I bought it and planned to read it on a plane ride to New York. Suffice to say it didn’t quite work out as I’d planned.
6. Flashfall by Jenny Moyer – My friend gave me an ARC of this a few months ago and told me to read it because I’d love it. I didn’t. Then I got the finished copy in this month’s Fairyloot and made a mental note to read it. I wish I did but I didn’t.
5. When the Moon Was Ours by Anna-Marie McLemore – This book has been praised by virtually every single blogger friend I have and let’s be honest the synopsis sounds AMAZING. I’m not sure why I still haven’t read it. There is NO EXCUSE, okay? I’m sorry.
4. Warrior Witch by Danielle L. Jensen – This is the final novel in a trilogy. I thought the first one was okay. I loved the second one. No idea why I haven’t finished the series by reading the last one but I hope to do so soon. Very soon.
3. Flamecaster by Cinda Williams Chima – I don’t have a finished copy of this but I do have an ARC that I never read. I loved her Seven Realms series and I remember I got so excited when I got an ARC. This was during an overwhelmingly busy time at my job so I never actually got the time to read it and then I was trying to catch up with my TBR. I do apologize to the publisher, though. This is the only book I’d received a proof that I didn’t manage to review.
2. Stalking Jack the Reaper by Kerri Maniscalco – I actually started this book at the end of August. I just never got past the first few chapters.
1. The Midnight Star by Marie Lu – This hurts me to say since The Young Elites series is a particular favorite of mine. I pre-ordered it, received it, unpacked it and stuck it on my shelf because I was scared for Adelina. I will eventually get around to it, once I’ve reconciled myself with her potential demise.
And that’s it. These are my 2016 books I regret not reading. Tune in next week for my top 10 books of 2016.